Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 52 Wait What...That Was a Year

Wait What.... That was a Year! 

I am hitting my one year mark this week and I feel like I'm still 14 years old.

I really am not the same kid that left Utah a year ago. Not even close. I will wish I had a solid hour to write about all the things that have changed in my character this past year. But I think something that sums up it all is that I know the Atonement is real. That Christ fulfilled that demand of justice and knows me personally. When one comes to understand who Christ is in even the slightest understanding you begin to make drastic changes in your life. And that is exactly what has happened to me this last year. I have gone through some of the roughest times, times when I was sure I just couldn't and that it would be better if I just went home. I have had times where I honestly wasn't sure who I was or what I was doing. On the flip side I have had times that I felt so close to my Heavenly Father I was sure he was sitting next to me. Times when I could see that all this, alllll the walking, contacting, teaching, testifying, planning, etc. is all a test to see if I really can be trusted with the power of God. 

I love the mission so much. I love the people of Honduras. I hope a few of you can feel a little of what I feel here every day and I challenge you to get into the mission if you are a worthy young man. 

We had a "noche blanca" this week and it was the greatest thing that has happened in my mission. As I flipped though the fotos I saw the foto of me and the family and I thought you guys might enjoy the difference in this year and last year. 
ELDER THORN
Day I left on the mission.

Lime peels
Me kissing Elder Lopez
The old district

 
My planner one year apart...I think I am getting better.



No comments:

Post a Comment