Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 50 Ana Rosa

Ana Rosa 

Had my first baptism here in Santa Fe this week and it was so special. The Lord blessed us with the privilege of teaching the sweetest old lady alive, Ana Rosa. A good half of her family are members but she never wanted to hear about anything that wasn't the bible....whats new though. Her grandson (Christian) got home from his mission 5 months ago. But she still hadn't visited with missionaries till about a month ago. When we started teaching her she always read what we gave her, had questions, was willing to give up coffee, was honestly too perfect to be true. This whole week she had the biggest smile on her face and kept telling us about the new people she had invited to her baptism. 

Part of my new calling as a zone leader is the that I have to lead zone meeting (duhhh) but we had a multi zone this week. 3 zones and like 50 missionaries all together to have one big meeting. Elder Rosales and I had to conduct it haha. It was aweome. I really love the new Presidetne and I am learning soo much. I feel so blessed to know the Lord trusts me that I will do the right thing and that I will consult him to know what he needs of me. We taught the three zones about L5 which has a lot of things but we taught more about the temple and getting families we baptize to the temple ( because sadly it doesn't happen a lot)

Last thing I what to write here is that this week was hard for me. Sometimes I think to my self if I am really happy here in the mission. I don't have my family. I don't have my friends. I can't go skiing or climbing, people don't want to listen to us, people don't progress, people straight up lie to us, it's hard. But I found the greatest thing this morning by Neil A. Maxwell.  haha but I read it in spanish so I am going to put it here in spanish " si de menera egoísta siempre estamos tomándonos la temperatura para ver si somos felices no lo seremos"  its in the liahona for the month about patience. read it. 
(translation: If we are always selfishly taking our temperature to see if we are happy, we will not be)

My new comp is the nicest kid alive. He irons my shirts and shines my shoes. 

LOVE ELDER THORN 


No comments:

Post a Comment