Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 51 Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elder Russell M. Nelson

The president of the 12 Apostles came and visited our mission this week. He shook every single one of our hands (over 400 missionaries). As he shook my hand he looked at my name tag and smiled at me while saying Elder Thorn. I felt so at home as he looked at me. Something so simple but so welcoming. That same day we heard from Elder Duncan who is the presidente of Central America. They really are changing our focus soo much as missionaries. Before it was baptize baptize baptize and almost nothing else. 
Elder Nelson said to us "I don't want baptisms, I don't even want converts, I want people that are going to go to the temple". He continued to talk about the lack of men that hold the Priesthood here in Honduras and really challenged us to help ALL those we teach get to the temple. He finished with the the most power words I have ever heard. He said " with the holy apostolic keys that i hold I leave a blessing on you missionaries that you will be attractive to all those who will have the opportunity of speaking with you" and then blessed us with countless other things that i don't dare write because I don't want to mess them up.

Everything else that happened this week doesn't quite compare. We brought over 20 people to church as a zone to the stake conference (where I got to hear Elder Duncan again) which isn't a ton but it was more than we had planned. And alll of our recent converts came. OH and Fam Goldinez (a family that was baptized the week before I got here) went to the special conference with Elder Nelson for couples and they called us crying saying they know the church is true. There is nothing like the mission. I have never ever come close to feeling how I feel right now in my life. I testify that there is a happiness that is found in the gospel. Its the happiness that our Heavenly Father enjoys. And his whole purpose is to give that happiness to others. That is what I am so desperately trying to do. 

ELDER THORN 

Here is me and the comp(:
This is Hermana Zonida. haha she is nuts. She has like 7 kids and they are so funny. She was baptized a little over a year ago. 


We planned this lunch with the stake pres. and all the bishops with the other zone and it turned out super awesome. Trying really hard to help the church here be more active with the missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment