Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 57 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, which is in heaven, is perfect.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, which is in heaven, is perfect.

Looks like I got the slowest computer again today... #badmissionhabits

To write a little bit of what my week was like, I filled 30 journal pages. And that is being modest. I really felt so close to my savior this week. I felt that he was guiding my studies and my words in lessons. I felt as I followed the spirit, he trusted me to and gave me even more impression (as was talked about in conference). I think that might be the most special thing that I have gained in the mission, to know when my Heavenly Father is talking to me and when He needs me to do something.

I wanted to write a little today about the first talk that was given at conference. Elder Uchtdorf explained that we shouldn’t complicate things. It was the first of many answers that I received this weekend. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple that even a child can understand it. Why make it any harder. Our Father in Heaven has had the same plan since the beginning. And it could be explained in just one phrase " if you love my keep my commandment " (lol I hope that’s what it is in English). If you love God, you believe in his words, you trust in his promises, you wouldn’t do anything that is contrary to what he has said. I invite you, member or non member of the church, to strive to TRUST in the promises God has made with the prophets of old and modern. That you TRUST fully that he will come though even in the darkest hour. God is an exalted man, "that is the great secret" - Joseph Smith. Is that not what Christ meant when we spoke the words in mat. 5:48. He loves us and has given us all we need to become like him, even His only begotten son Jesus Christ.

ELDER THORN


2 comments:

  1. My son Elder Neeley is in Santa Fe too. Will you tell him hi for me! I love your blog and hearing about your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son Elder Neeley is in Santa Fe too. Will you tell him hi for me! I love your blog and hearing about your mission.

    ReplyDelete