Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 56 Pancake Flop

Pancake Flop

The city is really starting to grow on me. 

Had a really special moment this week that might just be the only thing I share.

A few weeks ago Elder Rosales and I where looking though some old records in the area book. We prayed to know who was ready to receive the Gospel now. We searched though about 100 records at took out about 5 that seemed mas o menos bueno. We set the goal to at least find these 5 people. Haha it didn't go as planned. Out of the 5 we only could get a hold of 1, and it wasn't even the investigator it was their friend that for some weird reason had their number. When we finally found their house (that wasn't even their house, more of a parking garage that they work in) they didn't really want to listen to us. That was that and Elder Rosales and I let them go after trying to teach them 3 times. Elder Meads and I passed by their house this last week and they pulled out a few chairs and listened to our message. We testified about the Book of Mormon and the restoration. I asked my companion what he thought of them and we both agreed that we felt the spirit and should try to go back another day. We set the goal this week to at least pass by the parking garage every other day. We passed by and verified how reading went. Nothing. They didn't read a single day. This Saturday we sat down to teach them again and I was feeling a little tired of not seeing people understand how special this all is. We continued talking about Joseph Smith and a few questions he had (he knows a lot of anti mormon stuff). Then the spirit brought to light the most clear message I think I have received in my mission. That this was indeed the last time the Lord would be sending missionaries to their home. I began to explain the story from the beginning. That I had prayed and asked the Lord WHO was ready to receive the Gospel, and that the Lord had selected THEM out of more than 100 records. I testified to them that this would be the last time they would have the chance to accept the message of the restoration and be baptized, before the Lord Jesus Christ himself would come to redeem his people. The spirit guided my words and touched their hearts to the truthfulness of what I was saying. They accepted a baptism date for October and came to church this Sunday. The spirit is everything in this work. With out it we are simple speaking; and speaking will never be enough to truly convert someone into being a dedicated follower of Christ.

Had a paint fight with the zone today. 
Elder Meads and I kickin it 
ELDER THORN 







No comments:

Post a Comment