Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 84 Triplets and a Puppy

Triplets and a Puppy 

Sometimes the mission is really confusing. When you think you are going to have ten people in church, no one comes. When you think you aren't going to have anyone in church, everyone and their dog comes. Literally. As I sat in sacament yesterday I had 3 five year olds all over me and eating my tie. They are the kids of this less active that recently moved to Flores and is living with the son of a different member. As one of the triplets started drawing on my shoes I looked under my seat to find a lil puppy. And the lil girl of the triplets put her finger to her lips and told me to not to bug him. Really one of the better days I have had in church. When I thought that things couldn't get better I realized that a handful of other investigators had snuck their way into the back of the chapel. But then came some of the hardest news I had heard in my whole mission. The branch pres and a counselor from the stake informed us that the new husband of the mom who has the triplets, has AIDS and that the wife has no idea seeing as they only have a month living together. At first I was confused. When we got back to the house I realized the relality of what I had just heard. Sometimes here in the mission I have been in the middle of things that really make you wonder why. Why does stuff like that have to happen. But what a comfort it is to know the plan of salvation. Not sure what we are going to do or what is going to happen but I am sure that our Heavenly Father has a plan for her and her five kids.
To add to all the craziness. The stake pres of my comp called and told us that his call is in Tegucigalpa. He is so hyped to see where he is going for the next two years. We are going to get it at like 3 and then open it together. Here is a lil pciture of him. Honestly the most heartfelt kid I have met here in Honduras and I feel so blessed that I had the chance to be with him and learn form him for these six weeks. 

ELDER THORN 
Probably the strongest members in the branch. We went and saw their lil ranch and visited some less actives that live near by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment