Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 46 Week of Silence

Week of Silence

Well I got to measure my height this week and....... I am 6 feet now lol and I still fit in my 31 inch pants.

My comp didn't talk to me for 4 days this week. Starting last monday morning. One of the sisters wanted to go to the office in Teguc for some health issues and well my comp wanted to tag along. I told him no and that we couldn't go unless there was a real reason ( teguc is like 4 hours or so in bus from here) The next morning he pulled out the lil dvd player we have (it's from the mission to watch training videos) and he starts watching the movie RM. I honestly starting laughing and was like nahh bro no va a hacer eso yyyyy he got a lil mad. Next thing I know he didn't want to talk to me. I felt sooo bad. I seriously love this kid. I asked him to forgive me and nothing not a word. 

I planned by my self and was just feeling completely solo. I asked him soooo many times why he didn't want to talk to me or what I did wrong and what I could do now to try to fix things. Still not a word. I asked my Heavenly Father to please let me have the spirit so that I could say something to help fix what was happening. I had a strong prompting that it had nothing to do with the dvd but had a lot more to do with not going to Teguc. 

Next thing I knew it was Wednesday and he still hadn't said a word to me. I told him I didn't want to leave the house if he wasn't going to talk to me, makes no sense to teach if we aren't going to have the spirit. He just took the keys and left. I followed and a clear miracle happened. The strongest rain I have ever seen started to pour. We had no choice but to sit down in this little pulparia. After about 20 minutes he handed me the phone. A message he had sent to pres that said a lot of things but said that he wanted to go home. My heart dropped.  

You have no idea how much I love the mission and to hear people say that want to go home is like hearing someone say they are going to drop out of high school. I tried to talk to him and still nothing. That night we had an awesome lesson planned. A family home evening with like 20 people. To keep it short my comp decided he was going to be brother Lopez and not wear his plac and not talk to anyone. A sister that was there got sick and uhh this is such a long story....this woman in the branch got sick and needed a blessing. My comp quickly put on his plac and gave her a blessing. I was soooo frustrated. I was like no no you can't do that. You can't neglect all your mission duties and not talk to anyone and not be a missionary and then just like that give a blessing. 
I told him that, before we went to bed that night, still not a word to be said.  

Thursday morning, after personal study, I had had enough and was like hombre vamos hablar o no vamos hacer nada sabes que le amo y quiero decir disculparme por que hice pero ya paso y no puedo cambiarlo. 
We talked for a long time and worked a lot of things out.  lol I'm tired of writing in English. In the end we had interviews Friday with Presidente (all of the zone) and he told me I shouldn't feel guilty for anything. He asked me if I could help my comp finish his mission strong and I said I could. I'm pretty sure I am going to stay here this change. I wrote a lot here, but I hope anyone who reads this knows that I love Elder Lopez. I think he is honestly one of the best missionaries that the mission has right now. He has taught me more than any other missionary.

My camera is still allllll messed up and well ya one day I will work it out. . 

ELDER THORN

P.S. Also the church flooded this week lol we legit showed up to church and swept all the water out. Then Presidente Dias asked me to give a talk, anddd teach the Bible class because sister Suazo wasn't going to be there. It went awesome. I am really learning how to use and recognize the spirit here in the mission. It's the most precious thing to me, and I hope it will be something that I can carry with me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment