Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 93 My Shoes Have Been Wet Since Monday

My Shoes Have Been Wet Since Monday
The weather here has been crazy. We even had a little earthquake'. like 6.1 or something. Someone can check that because that's just what they told us. But legit the roads turned into rivers this week and me with my ¨holy¨ shoes wasn't the best combo. hahahah I can't stop laughing.
Weellll probably the hardest week of my mission this week. I think the hardest part of the mission for me is feeling like I am not really doing anything. Some of the people we are teaching really need help. We went to visit this lady and her eight kids this week and when we showed up I realized that they we eating corn husks. My heart just broke and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As a missionary I can't give food or money to anyone, and sometimes it just really stresses me out. This week I got really caught up in that and started thinking it would be a lot better if I was here with a medical group or something. Even worse when Sunday rolled around and all the people that we called Saturday, that said they would come, didn't come. The mission is confusing sometimes. I guess I still have a lot to learn. We did a ton of service this week to not feel so trapped in the house. My comp is a stud. I guess at the end of the day everything works out. There is a lot of people here in Flores that I really love and care about. Sometimes I laugh because even after 21 months I still can't write a decent email. 
ELDER THORN



I put up my hammock today. Life with a hammock is less stressful.


No comments:

Post a Comment