Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 8 One Minute Email

Haysi and Her Family

I have legit 3 minutes to write this email and so don't cry about typos or whatever. A completely new experience here this week. My first week may have been he worst week of my life. I didn't feel like my self or that i was doing anything here. All i thought about was how much time i had left and when i was going to see my family next. You will die in the mission if you have this attitude. I'm not kidding your body will shut down and you will probably be a little dehydrated from crying so much. Attitude is truly everything here. You have to be constantly fighting the urge to think about after the mission and how much time you have. I found a book or rather my comp gave me book, called Words of Wisdom for Missionaries. Its just full of quotes and junk. Its really helpful for me. 
My comp is doing a lot better this week by the way and we found 18 new people to teach and will be having my first baptism on Saturday this week of a girl named Abigail. Sorry that was a lot of info in one sentence that probably made no sense. 

Haysi is a girl who is 18 years old and is living with her 3 brothers. (19,14,12) their parents live in Colorado and have been there for 5 years. This means that she was 13 when they left and her youngest brother was 7. They left her to take care of the family. They send money back to them every month and the brother dropped out of school to make money. This is how the families here work. Its so sad. Its impossible to find a man here that doesn't just care about himself. 

A quote from Jack H. Goasland given in the Ensign Nov 1983 our responsibility to take the gospel to the ends of the earth starts with brethren. Sorry no time to type it


No more time but a lot more to tell which is really hard. Email you guys next week. Oh also tell grandma I freaking love her and I'm so sorry I wasn't able to write her. Her email was the sweetest thing ever. 





No comments:

Post a Comment